Wireless Internet service is available through Stanford's Academic Computing department. The charge is built into your nightly rate. Prior to arriving on campus, it is important that you make arrangements for Internet service by using the information from Academic Computing.
- Town and Country Village, at El Camino Real and Embarcadero Road in Palo Alto, has a CVS drug store, a Trader Joe’s grocery store and many other stores and restaurants.
- San Antonio Center, at El Camino Real and San Antonio Road at the Palo Alto/Mountain View border, has Target, Walmart, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, Kohl’s, BevMo, Ross, the Counter, two produce markets, and many other stores and restaurants.
- Stanford Shopping Center, at El Camino Real and Quarry Road in Palo Alto, has Macy’s, Nordstrom, Saks 5th Avenue, Neiman Marcus, the GAP, Abercrombie & Fitch, Banana Republic, Pac Sun, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, and many other stores and restaurants.
Stanford’s Free Marguerite Shuttle
The Marguerite, operated by Stanford University’s Parking and Transportation Services, is a free shuttle that provides weekday service throughout the campus and many surrounding areas. Lines RP and V go to California Avenue, a popular downtown Palo Alto destination with a wide variety of restaurants. Lines S, SE-Special, X, and Y all run along the edge of the Stanford Shopping Center, a large open-air mall conveniently adjacent to campus. Line BOH provides service to downtown Menlo Park, which features a variety of shopping and dining opportunities.
VTA Bus Line
The Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) operates bus routes throughout Santa Clara County. Line 22 goes south from the Palo Alto Transit Center along El Camino Real and provides easy access to many business establishments, including the San Antonio Shopping Center at the intersection of El Camino Real and San Antonio Road. Stanford University is not affiliated with the Valley Transportation Authority.
Stanford Dining and Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries Retail Locations
Stanford Dining is a national award-winning program that showcases high quality, nutritious food in an attractive, safe and fun environment. Guests have the option of purchasing Cardinal Dollars prepaid meal cards from the Stanford Dining Customer Service office on the first floor of the Arrillaga Family Dining Commons. Each Cardinal Dollars meal card can be purchased in any amount, and can be used at the retail cafes and all Stanford dining halls. Each card is valued at $100 or more will receive 10 bonus Cardinal Dollars.
Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries is a self-sustaining business unit generating revenues from students, faculty, staff, and campus guests accessing our retail and vending food operations, stadium concessions, catering services, meeting support services, and our campus hotel – The Stanford Guest House. Consistent with the R&DE mission, these revenues are directed back to the university to support student programming with the commitment to keep student expenses as low as possible.
The Stanford Guest House, located just off campus on Sand Hill Road, offers accommodations for academically sponsored conference groups and Stanford-affiliated individual visitors. Set amid the rolling Palo Alto foothills, the Stanford Guest House offers a serene atmosphere, complimented with an array of quality amenities and services, including:
- 112 air-conditioned rooms with high-speed internet access
- Complimentary on-site fitness center
- 24-hour gift shop
- Free parking
- Shuttle service throughout the Stanford campus
- Many additional amenities and services
For further information and room availability, please visit the Stanford Guest House or call 650-926-2800.