- 2017 Welcome Materials-Coming Soon!
- Frequently Asked Questions about Stanford Conferences
- Important Summer Conference Planning Dates
- 2017 Conference Planning Manual- Coming Soon!
- Hosting a Summer Conference
General Contact Information
Driving Directions to Stanford Conferences
Traveling north towards Stanford
- Turn left at Embarcadero Road. You are now entering the Stanford Campus.
Please note that the road name changes to Galvez Street.
Traveling south towards Stanford
- Turn right at Embarcadero Road. You are now entering the Stanford Campus.
Please note that the road name changes to Galvez Street.
Once you are on Galvez Street
- Stay in the left lane and follow Galvez, crossing Campus Drive.
- At the next intersection, turn left onto Serra Street.
- Park at any $1.50/hr coin-metered parking space.
Meters are strictly enforced from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
- Follow Arguello Street around to the back of Encina Hall which is called Encina Commons.
- View Larger Map
- Map of Stanford Conferences Main Office Location
- Stanford University Parking & Circulation Map
- Marguerite Route Map
- Transit and Vicinity Map
- Map of SF Bay Area
- Searchable Campus Maps
- Pedestrian Zone Access Map
- Pedestrian Zone Access/Distance Map
Parking permits are required for campus parking, and can be requested through the application or from the Conference Front Desk once you arrive on campus. Daily Conference Parking Scratchers are $4.50 and Monthly Conference Parking Permits are $30.00.
Wireless Internet service is available through Stanford's Academic Computing department if you stay on campus, or the Community Housing Office if you stay off campus; the charge is built into your nightly rate. Prior to arriving on campus, it is important that you make arrangements for Internet service by using the information from Academic Computing.
Guests are eligible for on-site access to most University library collections by presenting a valid Conference ID Card, issued upon check-in. Please note that your Conference ID Card does not confer borrowing privileges. Information regarding library hours and services is available on the Stanford University Libraries web site.
The Stanford Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation sells daily and weekly passes for accessing most campus athletic facilities, including swimming pools, weight rooms and other types of facilities. A Conference ID card is necessary for purchasing a daily or weekly athletic pass at the Arrillaga Center for Sports & Recreation Center and the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center. Athletic passes are not sold on the weekends. For weekend use of these facilities, please purchase your pass in advance. Athletic facility information, fees and hours are available at the Front Desk. For maps and updated recreation schedules, please visit the Stanford Athletics Recreation and Wellness web site.
- Town and Country Village, at El Camino Real and Embarcadero Road in Palo Alto, has a CVS drug store, a Trader Joe’s grocery store and many other stores and restaurants.
- San Antonio Center, at El Camino Real and San Antonio Road at the Palo Alto/Mountain View border, has Target, Walmart, Safeway, Trader Joe’s, Kohl’s, BevMo, Ross, the Counter, two produce markets, and many other stores and restaurants.
- Stanford Shopping Center, at El Camino Real and Quarry Road in Palo Alto, has Macy’s, Nordstrom, Saks 5th Avenue, Neiman Marcus, the GAP, Abercrombie & Fitch, Banana Republic, Pac Sun, Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, and many other stores and restaurants.
Stanford’s Free Marguerite Shuttle
The Marguerite, operated by Stanford University’s Parking and Transportation Services, is a free shuttle that provides weekday service throughout the campus and many surrounding areas. Lines RP and V go to California Avenue, a popular downtown Palo Alto destination with a wide variety of restaurants. Lines S, SE-Special, X, and Y all run along the edge of the Stanford Shopping Center, a large open-air mall conveniently adjacent to campus. Line BOH provides service to downtown Menlo Park, which features a variety of shopping and dining opportunities.
VTA Bus Line
The Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) operates bus routes throughout Santa Clara County. Line 22 goes south from the Palo Alto Transit Center along El Camino Real and provides easy access to many business establishments, including the San Antonio Shopping Center at the intersection of El Camino Real and San Antonio Road. The fare is $2 for a one-way, non-transferable pass, or $6 for an unlimited all-day pass. Stanford University is not affiliated with the Valley Transportation Authority.
Please contact Stanford's Diversity & Access Office for disability access questions and resources: (650) 725-0326 or visit their web site.
Stanford Dining and Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries Retail Locations
Stanford Dining is a national award-winning program that showcases high quality, nutritious food in an attractive, safe and fun environment. Please click here for 2016 summer dining information. Guests have the option of purchasing Cardinal Dollars prepaid meal cards from the Stanford Dining Customer Service office on the first floor of the Arrillaga Family Dining Commons. Each Cardinal Dollars meal card can be purchased in any amount, and can be used at the retail cafes and all Stanford dining halls. Each card valued at $100 or more will receive 10 bonus Cardinal Dollars.
Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries is a self-sustaining business unit generating revenues from students, faculty, staff, and campus guests accessing our retail and vending food operations, stadium concessions, catering services, meeting support services, and our campus hotel – The Stanford Guest House. Consistent with the R&DE mission, these revenues are directed back to the university to support student programming with the commitment to keep student expenses as low as possible.
Hotel-style accommodations at the Stanford Guest House
The Stanford Guest House, located just off campus on Sand Hill Road, offers hotel-style accommodations for academically sponsored conference groups and Stanford-affiliated individual visitors. Set amid the rolling Palo Alto foothills, the Stanford Guest House offers a serene atmosphere, complimented with an array of quality amenities and services, including:
- 112 air conditioned rooms with high-speed internet access
- Complimentary on-site fitness center
- 24-hour gift shop
- Free parking
- Shuttle service throughout the Stanford campus
- Many additional amenities and services
For further information and room availability, please visit The Stanford Guest House or call: 650-926-2800.