DOCUMENTS: Please read and sign the following documents required for your NSSH Application. Your application will not be processed until all these documents are submitted along with your application.
Stanford Affiliation Form or Official Letter from a Stanford department or conference
Eligibility for Non-Student Summer Housing
All individuals staying on campus must have an academic affiliation with Stanford. Proof of affiliation must be uploaded onto the application as part of the application process. The following are examples of proof of affiliation that will satisfy this requirement:
- Visiting scholars, post-docs, researchers, interns, and other Stanford affiliates should save and upload a copy of their offer letter from Stanford or an e-mail from their professor or Stanford department verifying their affiliation. Alternately, you can have the professor complete the Affiliation Form on your behalf and send it to you to upload into the application.
- Conference participants attending an un-housed conference should save and upload a copy of their registration confirmation.
- Visitors conducting business with Stanford are also eligible, including new staff/faculty needing a temporary location to stay.
Non-student summer campus visitors eligible for this housing include:
- Individuals attending an un-housed conference or workshop at Stanford
- Individuals studying, working, or interning on campus for the summer for a Stanford college or department
- Individuals conducting research with Stanford faculty in an official capacity
- Individuals doing medical clerkships at Stanford
- Stanford faculty and staff needing temporary accommodations close to work on campus
Non-student summer campus visitors NOT eligible for this housing include:
- Matriculated Stanford students
- Individuals with no current formal affiliation with Stanford University
- Individuals under the age of 18 unless accompanied by adult parent/guardian and applying for Family Housing. Requirements apply.