Proof of Stanford Affiliation
All individuals staying on campus must have an academic affiliation with Stanford. Proof of affiliation must be uploaded onto the application as part of the application process. The following are examples of proof of affiliation that will satisfy this requirement:
Visiting Scholars, post-docs, researchers, interns and others should save and upload a copy of their offer letter from Stanford or an e-mail from their professor or Stanford department verifying their affiliation. Alternately, you can have the professor complete a Verification of Stanford Affiliation Form on your behalf and send it to you to save and upload onto the housing application.
Conference participants attending an un-housed conference should save and upload a copy of their registration confirmation.
Visitors conducting business with Stanford are also eligible, including new staff/faculty needing a temporary location to stay.
Review the short-term and long-term housing options and per-night prices in order to rank your choices of locations for which you are eligible. Please be sure that you meet the 35-night minimum stay requirements if applying for long-term non-student summer housing. On the application, you will select all residences that you would accept and indicate a preferred housing choice. Please note that there are no family or apartments, that couples may only stay in short-term non-student summer housing, and that housing for the summer of 2017 will be very limited.
Steps for Applying
- Read through the information on the web site regarding housing options and costs.
- Scan and save your proof of Stanford affiliation for uploading to the application.
- Read the Liability Waiver Form and the Housing Policies and Services for Non-Student Summer Visitors document, Print them, sign them, scan them, and save them for uploading to the application..
- Use the application link at the bottom of this page to complete the housing application. Please complete all sections of the application.
- On the housing application, you will indicate the locations you would find acceptable as well as your preferred housing type (if there is more than one option available). There is also an Additional information section where you can give additional information that could be helpful in processing your application.
- You may reserve daily parking permits or request rental linen packs through the application so that the items will be reserved and ready for you at check-in.
- After you have submitted the housing application, you will receive a confirmation that the application has been submitted. This is NOT a confirmation of reservation.
- Due to the lack of available housing this summer, we will not be able to confirm any reservations until late May. If we determine in May that we cannot accommodate your housing request, we can keep your information in case a room/apartment becomes available at a later date.
- If you later need to cancel your application or reservation, please send an email to the address listed below. The cancellation date will be recorded as the date that the email was sent.