Short-term Non-Student Summer Housing Available on the Stanford Campus
June 24 through August 19, 2017
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR HOUSING.
THERE ARE 3 DOCUMENTS WHICH MUST BE UPLOADED AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS.
Eligibility and Proof of Affiliation:
Proof of Stanford Affiliation
- All individuals staying on campus must have an academic affiliation with Stanford. Proof of affiliation must be uploaded onto the application as part of the application process. The following are examples of proof of affiliation that will satisfy this requirement:
- Visiting Scholars, post-docs, researchers, interns and others should save and upload a copy of their offer letter from Stanford or an e-mail from their professor or Stanford department verifying their affiliation. Alternately, you can have the professor complete a Verification of Stanford Affiliation Form on your behalf and send it to you to save and upload onto the housing application.
- Conference participants attending an un-housed conference should save and upload a copy of their registration confirmation.
- Visitors conducting business with Stanford are also eligible, including new staff/faculty needing a temporary location to stay.
- If you fall into another category, please call 650-725-4739 (Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm) or send an e-mail to email@example.com to further discuss eligibility requirements.
Liability Waiver and the Housing Policy & Services Agreement:
Please click on both the Liability Waiver and the Housing Policy & Services Agreement to print. Read through the documents, print, sign, scan and save on your computer so they can be uploaded as part of this application process. These documents are required as part of the eligibility for housing.
Short-term Housing Options
Housing availability may be limited as this housing program is designed to fill vacancies remaining after enrolled students and housed conferences are accommodated. Length of stay may not exceed the length of your Stanford affiliation by more than two days at either end of your stay, and the ability to accommodate your request is completely dependent on space availability.
Individual Guests at least 18 years of age: $250.00 per night
- Guests 18-20 years of age will be considered for available studios or one-bedroom apartments only
- No smoking, no pets allowed
Individual Guests at least 21 years of age: $250.00 per night
- Individuals traveling alone, 21 and above
- Studio, one-, two-, or four-bedroom apartment with shared kitchen and living area
- All bedrooms in a shared apartment have privacy locks and private bathrooms
- No smoking, no pets allowed
Couples staying together: $300.00 per night per couple
- All guests must be at least 18 years of age
- Couples will be considered for available studios or one-bedroom apartments only
- No smoking, no pets allowed
- Studio apartments include: full size bed, desk, desk chair, file pedestal, closet organizer, bookcases, small sofa, side table, bar stools, table lamps, and phone
- Apartment bedrooms include: full size bed, desk, desk chair, file pedestal, closet organizer, bookcases, table lamps
- Apartment living areas include: large sofa, upholstered chair(s), side table, dining table and chairs, phone
- Kitchen appliances include: refrigerator, microwave, stove/oven, garbage disposal
Check-In and Check-Out Times:
Check-in time is between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. When you receive confirmation of your reservation, please read the detailed information on check-in, as your check-in location will vary by time of day and day of the week. Check-out time is by 11 a.m.
Cash, MasterCard and Visa payments are accepted at the Conference Front Desks. At check-in, you will be required to pay the full balance due for your stay. If you need to shorten your stay, refunds will be processed by someone other than the Conference Front Desk and must be requested 48 hours in advance to qualify. If you pay by credit card, the refund will be processed through your credit card. If you pay by cash, a check will be processed by the university and sent to the address you have provided within 3-5 weeks. Please consider this when you are making your housing payment.
EXECUTIVE SERVICE (MUNGER GRADUATE RESIDENCE ONLY)
The Munger Graduate Residence provides executive accommodations for adult visitors and guests. Each studio apartment or single-occupancy bedroom situated within a one-bedroom or multi-bedroom apartment includes a private full bathroom, full-sized bed, and full kitchen. The Munger Graduate Residence is one of the few air-conditioned residences on campus.
Executive Service at the Munger Graduate Residence includes seven day housekeeping service (including holidays) and linens. Each room (prepared prior to guests’ arrivals) will include upgraded bedspreads, sheets, blankets, pillows and pillowcases, full sets of towels and bath mats, and daily linen service. Room amenities also include soap and cups that will be replenished as needed. The housekeeping staff will make up the beds, empty the trash, dust, and vacuum the apartments on a daily basis.
Please be aware that this housing does not offer all of the amenities of a hotel. Basic furnishings are provided. Does not include television, dishes, utensils, cooking supplies, cleaning supplies or decorative items. However, the high quality linens, towels, other amenities, and Executive Service we provide should make your stay quite comfortable.
2017 Non-Student Summer Housing Contact Information
Lost Key and/or Fob Fees: We do not require visitors to pay a deposit upon receiving room keys. However, you will be required to accept liability for misplaced keys. In the event that keys are not returned at the time of check-out, you will be charged for the cost of rekeying the apartment or the replacement of a building access fob.
Any guests not returning keys and/or fobs will be charged $285. For your safety and security, the lock to your apartment will be changed immediately once that key has been reported lost and/or after check-out if the key is not returned.
Packages: Conference Front Desks cannot accept packages or mail. For further details, please refer to the Mail and Package Policy located on the conference website.
Smoking: Smoking is not permitted in (or within 30 feet of) residences or any buildings on campus.
Pets: No pets of any type are allowed - not even for a visit.
Cancellations must be received at least seven days prior to scheduled arrival.
Arrillaga Family Dining Commons:
Cardinal Dollars may be purchased from Arrillaga Dining Commons Monday-Friday from 8am - 5pm, except on holidays. Cardinal dollars may be used at the Arrillaga Dining Commons as well as retail locations managed by R&DE. Call 650-723-4751 for more details.