Face Covering COVID-19 Update


Are face coverings required by students when in student residences?

Wearing a well-fitting, high-quality face covering indoors and whenever you are near others is important to everyone’s safety. N95 respirators and KN95 masks provide a higher level of filtration. Surgical masks and double-layer cloth face coverings remain acceptable though they do not provide the same level of personal protection.

For students living in undergraduate student residences, face coverings are required in all common areas (corridors, laundry rooms, kitchenettes, etc).  While not required in student dorm rooms or bathrooms, it is highly recommended when social distancing is not possible. 

For students living in graduate student housing, face coverings are required at all times while not in their private student apartments.


Are face coverings required in the dining halls, Munger Market, Axe and Palm, and all other eateries on campus?

Students are required to wear face coverings in all dining halls, Munger Market, Axe and Palm, and all other eateries at all times.


Are face coverings provided to students?

Students are encouraged to provide their own face coverings while in student residences, dining halls, Munger Market, EVGR Marketplace, and all other eateries.  If there is a need for a temporary face covering, please contact your R&DE Housing Service Center.