R&DE Stanford Dining is committed to providing you with a wide variety of healthy options at every meal. We promote fresh and nutritious meal selections and use healthy cooking methods, like steaming and grilling, wherever possible. R&DE Stanford Dining has a registered dietitian on staff who is actively involved in all menu planning and evaluation. The Performance & Wellness Nutritionist is available for personal consultations and can be reached by emailing . The Performance & Wellness Nutritionist is available for personal consultations and can be reached by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by booking an appointment online. Learn more about our Performance & Wellness Nutritionist.
Learn more about our food standards and nutrition philosophy.
The following is a sample of our menu specifications and standards:
- All of our dairy products are certified hormone-free.
- We avoid potentially harmful additives such as MSG, artificial dyes and trans-fats in our foods.
- We partner with local farms to offer fresh, high quality fruit and vegetables.
- Most of our soups, sauces and dressings are made fresh "from scratch" every day.
- We use whole grains in our composed rice, pasta and salad dishes. Brown rice and whole-grain pasta are available at every meal.
- The kosher salt used in our cooking contains 33% less sodium by volume.
- We offer fresh steamed and roasted vegetables at lunch and dinner.
- Soy milk is always available as a milk alternative for those who do not consume dairy.
- We label all food items for easy identification.
Build a Balanced Plate
In Spring of 2016 Stanford Dining launched the Build a Balanced Plate initiative. The Balanced Plate provides a guide to what a well-rounded, nutritionally dense meal might look like and helps diners choose foods that best support their health and wellbeing.