“One of the highest callings of a great leader is to coach, mentor and develop others.”
Dr. Shirley J. Everett
The Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE) Women’s Leadership Development Program (WLDP) at Stanford University is dedicated to advancing women leaders through personal and professional development. WLDP was inspired by and modeled after the Women’s Foodservice Forum (WFF), an organization that provides competency development programming especially for women leaders in the foodservice industry.
While the WLDP is focused on the success of women, programming is open to anyone in R&DE interested in personal and professional development.
To encourage women leaders through personal and professional development.
To provide leadership development resources focused on women leaders in order to enhance opportunities, engagement, and job satisfaction through personal and professional growth.
Women’s Leadership Development Program Council
The R&DE Women’s Leadership Development Program is run by the R&DE Women’s Leadership Development Program Council.
Role of the Council
- To utilize a council of diverse members to focus on needs, content and communication of the program, its purpose, and goals.
- To provide a calendar of webinars, classes, and resources available to all members of the management teams.
- To act as a steering committee for the program.
- To become ambassadors for the program, its goals, and its ability to impact the individuals, organization, and overall effectiveness.
- To provide open, honest, direct perspectives and points of view on needs and development that will support the success of women in R&DE.
- To review data as it relates to turnover, recruiting, engagement, and job satisfaction to help with focus and development of programs.
- To help establish development goals, content, calendar, and metrics for the program.
We accomplish our mission through a variety of leadership development events:
- Breakfast Networking Leadership Discussions – First Thursday, 8:30 a.m.–9:30 a.m., at Arrillaga Family Dining Commons
- Booked for Lunch Leadership Discussions – Second Tuesday, 12:45 p.m.–1:45 p.m., at Arrillaga Family Dining Commons (Last Booked for Lunch event for 2017 is Dec. 12)
- 7- Habits, Playing Big, Creativity - WLDP Small Discussion Group – Third Wednesday, 12:45 p.m.-1:45 p.m., at Arrillaga Family Dining Commons
- **Coming in 2018: Podcast Leadership Discussions - Third Tuesday, 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m., at Arrillaga Family Dining Commons
- WLDP Leadership Speaker Series
- WLDP Leadership Development Workshop
- WLDP Community Events
- WLDP Mentorship Program Event
- WLDP Leadership Scholarship for WFF Leadership Conference
- WLDP Council and scholarship recipients attend WFF Leadership Conference
- WFF Leadership Conference Panel Discussion for R&DE Community
- Annual WLDP Open House
- Annual WLDP Community Outreach Event
Competency Development Programs
The R&DE Women’s Leadership Development Program (WLDP) is based on the Core Competency Development Model as established by the Women’s Foodservice Forum (WFF).
This research-based competency model serves as a guide for individuals to identify and define development goals, “beginning with an end in mind.”
About the Core Competency Development Model
There are three main components of the Core Competency Development Model: Self, People, and Business. These overarching categories encompass 12 core competencies that differentiate among individuals at the emerging leader, emerging executive, executive, and c-suite stages of their career.
This component focuses on individual development through assessment, gap analysis, career map, and personal brand identification.
Shifting the lens to focus on teams, this component emphasizes communication and listening strategies to cultivate strong relationships that support team growth.
This component emphasizes developing personal skills that will facilitate the growth and success of the business, including financial acumen, strategic visioning, and driving for results.
Women's Leadership Development Program Council
(left to right) Rosa Barbosa, Co-Chair Cynthia McCollister, Michelle Radisich, Ambassador Charnette Richard, Chair Amanda Gotthold, Hamsa Samaraie, Dara Silverstein, Jackie Bertoldo, Mary Duch (not pictured),
Debbie Main (not pictured), Mari Saucedo (not pictured)
For more information about the Women’s Leadership Development Program at Stanford University, please e-mail email@example.com
For more information on the Women’s Foodservice Forum, please visit womensfoodserviceforum.com/