The Draw is the process by which upperclass undergraduate students are assigned housing for the following academic year. Draw applications will be accepted in Axess beginning Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 and the Draw deadline is Monday, May 8th at 6 p.m. PST. Draw results will be announced on Thursday, May 25th. See below for more information about the Draw 2017.
New For Draw 2017
- The maximum number of students allowed in a Draw group will change from 8 to 6. In an average year, less than 2% of groups are larger than 6. These groups are difficult to accommodate and often end up split.
- The number of locations and room types available for students seeking gender neutral housing will expand from 11 to 19. Student pairs who are assigned to the same gender neutral location and room type during the Draw are guaranteed the ability to live in a gender neutral room together. Visit the Draw's Gender Neutral Housing page for more information.
- The suites will no longer be offered as a gender neutral location. The ability to offer gender neutral assignments in the suites has always hinged on the number and configuration of gender neutral requests received. More often than not, we were unable to accommodate students in the suites who wished to live in a gender neutral configuration. In order to help students avoid disappointment, we are now directing students who wish to live in a gender neutral room to apply for one of the many locations that guarantees the availability of gender neutral living.
- Due to changes in the size of the incoming freshman class, a small number of Granada and Eucalipto triples will be offered in the Draw. Additionally, a small number of Roble quads will be offered as triple rooms for 2017-18.
- Adelfa and Naranja will have co-ed floors for 2017-18 instead of single gender floors.
- Trancos will no longer be a sophomore priority house. It will be a traditional 3-class residence.
- Students approved by the Office of Accessible Education (OAE) to have an assistance animal will be accommodated in Eucalipto and Granada, in addition to Mirrielees and graduate housing.
- 1047 Campus Drive will return to use as a Greek residence and will not be available in the Draw.