How to Adjust your Heat
The following are important to remember when working with your Heating or Cooling system:
- To reduce the heat, rotate the knob or slide the lever to the lowest setting.
- To increase the heat, rotate the knob or slide the lever to the highest setting.
- Depending on your residence location it may take anywhere from a couple of hours to twenty four hours before you can feel the effect of changes in the settings.
- Please do not open the window when the heat is on. When you open your window, the heating system compensates by increasing the amount of heat delivered to your room. The result is a huge waste of energy.
- Make sure the convector/radiator is not blocked by furniture or clothing. In order for the heater to work correctly, air must flow freely around it.
- If you think your heating or cooling system is broken, please submit a Fix-It request or contact your Housing Front Desk.
Branner, Roble, and Toyon Halls
680 Lomita, Kappa Sigma, 1047 Campus, Theta Delta Chi, Enchanted Broccoli Forest, Kappa Alpha, Jerry, Narnia
See your house manager for assistance adjusting the heat in your house. Systems in Sigma Chi are managed independently of the University.
Delta Delta Delta, Kappa Alpha Theta, Pi Beta Phi, Terra, ZAP
Cowell Cluster houses currently do not have capabilities for students to control the heat in their rooms.
Florence Moore Hall
Alondra, Cardenal, Faisan, Gavilan, Loro, Mirlo, Paloma
Governor’s Corner 1
Suites (Anderson, Griffin, Jenkins, Marx)
Governor’s Corner 2
Sterling Quad, Treat, Murray, Yost
Adelfa, Eucalipto, Granada, Naranja, Ujamaa
Kimball, Castaño, Lantana
Toggle between heat, cool, and off by clicking the fire/ice symbol. Adjust the temperature by swiping up or down on the side bar to the desired temperature. The thermostat will hold this until sleep mode at 11 p.m.
Occupied: 6 a.m. - 11 p.m. Control range 68 - 74°
Sleep: 11 p.m. - 6 a.m. Control range 65 - 75°
Unoccupied: Control range 60 - 80°
Row Houses 1
BOB, Casa Italiana, Xanadu
Row Houses 2
717 Dolores, Columbae, La Maison Française, Slavianskii Dom
Row Houses 3
Grove, Haus Mitteleuropa, Kairos, Phi Kappa Psi
Row Houses 4
Durand, Hammarskjöld, Mars, Muwekma-Tah-Ruk, Phi Sig, Roth, Sigma Nu
Burbank, Donner, Larkin, Sally Ride, Twain, Zapata
Arroyo, Cedro, Junipero, Okada, Otero, Rinconada, Soto, Trancos
Many lowrise buildings have been upgraded with hydronic heating systems. You can adjust the heat using the programmable thermostat. Download vendor-supplied instruction guide.