Community Housing: Legal Information And Mediation
- The California Landlord's Law Book: Rights and Responsibilities by Attorneys David Brown and Ralph Warner, Nolo Press.
- The California Landlord's Law Book: Evictions by Attorney David Brown, Nolo Press.
- California Tenant's Rights by Attorney Janet Portman and Attorney David Brown, Nolo Press
- Landlording by Leigh Robinson.
Legal Information and Mediation
These agencies provide general information about landlord/tenant law, mediation, and referrals:
- Associated Students of Stanford University Legal Counsel Office: (650) 375-2481
- Palo Alto Mediation Program: (650) 856-4062
- Mountain View Mediation: (650) 960-0495
- Peninsula Conflict Resolution Center: (650) 513-0330
- Project Sentinel: (408) 720-9888
Small Claims Court
- Santa Clara County Small Claims Court: (408) 882-2100
- San Mateo County Small Claims Court: (650) 261-5100
Links to Related Sites
- California Civil Code. Text of the California Civil Code, sections 1940-1954.1. Habitability and repairs are covered under sections 1941 and 1942; lease terms and notices of termination are covered in sections 1944-1946; security deposits are covered in section 1950.5; abandonment is covered under section 1951.3; a landlord's right to enter the property is section 1954.
- Fair Housing: It's Your Right. Information about the Fair Housing Act.
- Nolo Press. Self help law books and software, including three excellent books on landlord-tenant law.