Congratulations, you are on your way to Stanford!
At this point, you’ve hopefully already read our “What to Bring” page. If not, please do review that page before going shopping!
If you and your roommate have determined that you’d like to have a small fridge and/or microwave in your room, both of these are permitted appliances. Please note that anything with an open flame or burner (such as a hot plate or toaster) is not permitted in your room for safety reasons.
The two most convenient options for purchasing appliances and other supplies once you have arrived at Stanford are picking something up at a local retailer or ordering online. In the interest of sustainability and energy conservation, we ask that you consider purchasing Energy Star rated appliances wherever possible.
Please remember to check your bed size before purchasing linens.
A sampling of local options, including their online presence:
- The Container Store: 500 Stanford Shopping Center, Palo Alto, CA 94303 (650) 300-4870 www.containerstore.com
- Target: 555 Showers Dr., Mountain View, CA 94040 (650) 965-7764 www.target.com
- Kohls, 350 Showers Dr., Mountain View, CA 94040 (650)947-7600 www.kohls.com
- Walmart, 600 Showers Dr., Mountain View, CA 94040 (650) 917-0796 www.walmart.com
- Home Depot, 1781 E. Bayshore, East Palo Alto, CA 94303 (650) 462-6800 www.homedepot.com
- Fry’s Electronics: 340 Portage Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94306 (650) 496-6000 www.frys.com
- Costco, 1000 N. Rengstorff Mountain View, CA 94040 (650) 988-1841 www.costco.com
- Best Buy, 2460 E Charleston Rd, Mountain View, CA 94043 (650) 903-0591 www.bestbuy.com
- Bed Bath and Beyond, 2470 Charleston Road, Mountain View, CA 94043 www.bedbathandbeyond.com
An online-only option:
Our Campus Market http://www.ocm.com
Please note: Stanford University does not endorse any vendor or product.