Single Undergraduate Summer Eligibility and Guarantee
- All students in housing spring term who are assigned to housing for the summer will have continuous housing contracts from the end of spring to the beginning of summer.
- Co-terminal students and students transitioning from undergraduate to graduate status as a newly admitted graduate student can only apply for undergraduate housing in Axess. Students assigned to graduate housing for 2017-18 will move to graduate housing mid-summer.
- Students who are enrolled in the Spring Quarter and will be enrolled for Autumn Quarter can apply to stay on campus for Summer Quarter. They can choose between three contracts:
- 8-week (ending August 20, 2017),
- 10-week (ending September 5, 2017), or
- 10-week plus interim that connects their summer and autumn contracts (September 5 - September 21, 2017).
- Students who are graduating in June can apply for student housing to stay for an 8-week summer contract only.
- Students enrolled for the summer have priority for housing.
Enrolled Summer Visitors
- Students enrolled for the Summer Quarter in Stanford classes on the main campus, with official student status.
- Undergraduate students enrolling only for the Summer Quarter may apply for on-campus summer housing with a contact length that matches the length of the courses being taken.
Students Attending the High School Summer College Program
- Students enrolled in the Stanford Summer College program for high school students can apply for summer housing within the residence(s) reserved for the program, with a contract length that matches the length of the courses being taken.
Summer Housing Guarantee
- Only single students can be guaranteed summer housing
- Guarantee is to have been offered an assignment by the end of the first week of classes
- Guarantee is not to a specific residence
Students are guaranteed housing if they apply by the first-round deadline and indicate on their applications that they are willing to live in any residence for which they are eligible. Students who apply after this date will be considered for assignment in the order their applications are received, with priority given to enrolled students.