Interested in a Student Staff Position with R&DE?
Housing Operations Opportunities
Housing Operations Interns (HOI) ensure residents are actively engaged in the operation of their home and community. These interns serve as a primary contact, communicating vital residential operations information to fellow students and sharing student feedback with Stanford staff. HOIs promote active participation in residential cleanliness, sustainability, emergency preparedness, housing policies and more. We have five part-time HOI positions available (10 hours/week) with flexible scheduling. Starting pay is $17/hour.
The Housing Operations Interns:
- Serve as a residence point of contact and field questions about housing
- Serve as an R&DE Student Housing Operations representative at events such as fall check-in and annual fire evacuation drills
- Survey residents to understand concerns and improve the functioning of residences
- Develop a resident newsletter
- Post informational materials in student housing residences
- Attend house meetings and programming events
What qualities are we looking for in a Housing Operations Intern?
- On-campus residency required during employment
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with different social media platforms
- Creativity and enthusiasm
Positions for undergraduate residents have been filled for the 2019-2020 academic year. Please check back in late spring for 2020-2021 opportunities.
If you are a graduate resident interested in an HOI position, please forward your cover letter and resume to Mako Ushihara, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sustainability Intern Opportunities
The R&DE Student Housing Sustainable Living Programs Office hires interns each year. Students are expected to work 3-9 hours per week. If you are interested please email Sea Gill (email@example.com) with your name, year, residence, major, academic interests, resume if you have one, and indicate whether you are interested in waste, energy, water or something else, and why.
Housing Front Desk Opportunities
The Housing Front Desks hire student staff during the academic year to support our full-time staff. Administrative tasks generally assigned include: answering phones, filing, and assisting with resident check-in and check-out. As Housing Front Desk Assistants often staff the desk during lunch breaks, meetings, and other events which would otherwise close the desks, excellent customer service is our top priority!
For more information or to apply, please contact your regional Housing Front Desk Supervisor.
New Undergraduate Housing Coordinator - Make the Frosh and Transfer Housing and Roommate Assignments!
- June 19 to September 19
- Includes free housing
- Assign frosh and transfers to houses
- Hand-select roommates for each student
- Work closely with Approaching Stanford, New Student Orientation, and Resident Fellows
- Prefer two-summer commitment
- $17/hour (full time) plus free on-campus housing for the duration of the job
To apply, read though the information sheet and use the included link to the online application.