Stanford student housing charges usually fall below local area rents, and include furnishings at no additional charge. Unlike most off-campus housing, Stanford also includes basic utilities — water, heat, electricity, garbage, and sewer — in the housing rate.
Required Housing Charges and Fees
Students will be charged the following mandatory rates through Student Financial Services while living in University housing. Rates vary depending on the residence and type of housing. These rates are subject to minor rounding adjustments depending on contact start and end dates.
- Housing Charges: Single student housing rates reflect the charge per person. This fee covers the cost of providing a room or apartment in a University-assigned residence, all furniture, all utilities (except cable), and coinless/cardless laundry (except in University-assigned, off-campus apartments), and is calculated according to the various contract lengths.
- Technology Fee: This fee ($67 for on-campus apartments and $98 for off-campus apartments in 2016-17) is billed quarterly and includes access to internet (wired and wireless residential network).
- House Dues: Each term, residences assess house dues for educational programs, social activities, and other services that aren't included in the housing charges. These dues vary between residences and are billed quarterly. Students living in Single Graduate Housing are charged $10.
- Cable Service
- Parking Permits
- Cancelation fees and/or Termination of Contract fees - will be assessed if you miss deadlines as indicated in the Residence Agreement
- Contract Breaker fees - will be assessed if you leave housing before the end of your contract
- Board Plan - Students assigned to Single Graduate Housing can sign up for dining plans to eat at Arrillaga Family Dining Commons or at one of the other on-campus eateries.