Undergraduate Housing Reassignment Request
Reassignments Within a Neighborhood
After students are assigned to a particular residence within their neighborhoods, they may choose to seek a more preferred choice by applying for reassignment.
Self-Select Reassignment Round after Autumn First Round of Assignments
- In July there will be a self-select reassignment period very similar to the House and Room Selection process
- Students who were assigned through pre-assignment, the student staff selection process, or the Greek housing assignment process will not be eligible to seek reassignment through this reassignment round
Reassignments After the Self-Select Reassignment Round
- Reassignments may be made each quarter if all students without housing have been offered a space and there are still vacancies in the student's neighborhood.
- Reassignment applications are based on the individual and groups are not considered.
- Students are only reassigned to residences listed on the reassignment application, so only preferred residences should be listed.
- If, after the fifth week of the quarter, we are unable to accommodate all students looking for housing or if there are no vacancies left after all students are accommodated within the neighborhood, we will not be able to offer reassignments for that quarter.
- All assignments and reassignments for a given quarter end on Friday of the fifth week of the quarter.
- Reassignments are only made into unassigned spaces. Direct swaps between students are not permitted, as the housing assignment process is meant to be equitable, and not based on who you know.
- Students can apply for a reassignment by logging into Axess, going to the My Information section and selecting Housing and Dining Login. In the Housing and Dining section, there will be a menu with an option to Apply for Reassignment. Students should select this and follow the prompts.
- Reassignment applications are considered in the order in which they are submitted. Students are able to edit their reassignment applications as often as they like without impacting their position on the reassignment list.
- If a student changes their mind and no longer wishes to be reassigned, they should log into Axess and withdraw the reassignment application.
- Students in housing for two consecutive quarters who are being reassigned between quarters may need to move out at the end of the quarter and move in to their new residence at the start of the following quarter so that both rooms can be cleaned.
Reassignments Between Neighborhoods
Neighborhood reassignments can only be considered at the end of the academic year, as it is graduating students that will make room in neighborhoods for reassignments. The process will happen each spring before assignments begin for the following academic year.
Change in Family or Marital Status
- For students who are getting married or want to live with their partner or spouse on campus, they should know that married students, students with domestic partners, and students with children need to apply for Graduate Housing for Couples Without Children (couples' housing) or Students With Children (family housing). Please note that the deadline for couples and families may differ from the undergraduate housing deadline dates.
- Undergraduates living in graduate housing who return to single undergraduate housing in a subsequent year will have used guaranteed quarters while in graduate housing, whether as the contract holder or the partner of the contract holder.
- If a student needs to join a Graduate Housing assignment round due to a change in marital or family status and is reassigned, they may not cancel their reassignment and remain in their original housing. Their former assignment will have been allocated simultaneously to another student seeking assignment.