R&DE Responds to COVID-19
Stanford Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE) is responding to the COVID-19 situation, ensuring that we maintain essential services to Stanford students, while protecting the health and well-being of our dedicated staff.
R&DE has proactively implemented enhanced cleaning, disinfecting and safety procedures and additional protocols in all of our dining halls, residential common spaces and cafés. Our dining, housing, custodial and maintenance staff receive daily reminders and training about the steps they must take to prevent the spread of the virus.
Campus Dining Options
R&DE continues to offer essential to-go meal services to the Stanford campus, with a modified schedule that acknowledges the reduced campus population and supports social distancing. As part of our effort to reduce cross contact and maintain social distancing, dining hall meal are limited to Stanford students. We invite Stanford students, faculty and staff to purchase take-out meals from the Axe & Palm and groceries, grab-and-go meals and sundries from the Munger Market.
Student Dining Halls
- New dining hall operating hours and assigned locations will begin with breakfast Thursday, March 19.
- All open dining halls will offer meals seven days a week.
- To help maintain social distancing, undergraduates will be assigned a dining hall based on their residence. Graduate students are able to dine in any open dining hall.
- There will be no late-night service in the dining halls.
- Meals are pre-packed and for to-go only.
- Sick meal delivery is available to students who should not visit dining halls due to illness. Students who need meals delivered to them will should contact their RD or GLO Dean.
- The Axe & Palm is open Monday – Sunday 11 AM – 8 PM, for take-out orders only. Customers are encouraged to use the Stanford R&DE FOOD ToGo app to arrange a meal pick up time.
- The Market at Munger is open Monday – Friday 8 AM – 8 PM, offering grab-and-go sandwiches, salads and wraps along with produce and other grocery staples for those cooking in their own apartments.
We will continue to evaluate our services, the menu and operating hours based on conditions while maintaining the safety of our customers and staff with social distancing of six feet or more. Please check the schedule as you make your dining plans.
Food Pantry Pop-Up
The monthly food pantry pop up for students who need additional food support will continue. Visit the website for the next scheduled distribution and to register.
R&DE staff, including custodial and maintenance staff, will remain on campus to provide support to students in their residences. In keeping with the shelter-in-place order, some staff are providing remote support. All of these individuals remain available to answer questions and provide assistance at their same phone numbers and email addresses.
For routine maintenance requests, submit a Fix-it request
For emergency maintenance requests, call (650) 725-1602.
For questions about your housing assignment, please submit a help ticket and a staff member will respond as soon as possible.