This residence is a part of Neighborhood T
Wilbur Hall West consists of four houses - Otero, Rinconada, Soto and Trancos - which surround and a central dining commons. Otero House is home to the Public Service and Civic Engagement theme house. Service Scholars in Otero make a year-long commitment to a public service program or organization. Learn more about this theme here.
The complex has breezeways that connect adjacent houses from the second and third floors and extensive laundry equipment in its basement. Wilbur Hall is named for Ray Lyman Wilbur, a Stanford alumnus, who served as dean of the Stanford School of Medicine, third Stanford president (1916-1943), and chancellor. As with Stern Hall, Wilbur was built following World War II and moved away from the arches and intricacies that characterized the rest of Stanford campus. Each house in Wilbur is named for a Spanish word. Though originally designed as an all-men’s residence, the complex has been mixed-gender for several decades.
For information on the accessibility of residences for both living and visiting, please reference our Undergraduate Residences Accessibility Summary chart.
|Residence Name||Wilbur Hall – Map|
|Area of Campus||Eastside|
|Navigation Address||658 Escondido Road, Stanford, CA 94305|
|Housing Service Center||Wilbur Housing Service Center|
|Dining Service||Stanford's largest residential dining complex, Wilbur Dining serves residents of Arroyo, Cedro, Junipero, Okada, Otero, Rinconada, Soto, and Trancos. A Stanford Dining neighborhood dining hall meal plan is required.|
|Housing Category||Four houses - all-frosh and 4-Class|
|Custodial Service||University managed|
Pictures and Floor Plans
|Wall-to-wall carpeting||Extra-long twin bed|
|Window coverings||Desk and chair|
|High-speed internet access||Bookshelves|
|Telephone and telephone line||Dresser|
|Cable TV capability||Mirror|
|Waste basket and recycling bin|