What Can You Give?
Anything in good, usable condition, except food. Donated items can include:
- Books, bikes, and tools
- Clothing, shoes, accessories, and jewelry
- Sportswear, sporting equipment
- Musical instruments, small furniture items
- Blankets, sheets, towels, linen, bedspreads, pillows
- Mattresses, futon mattresses, metal bed & futon frames
- Small appliances: microwave ovens, heaters, fans, coffee makers, hairdryers, alarm clocks
- Home electronics: televisions, dvd players
- Accessories: picture frames, mirrors, desk organizers
Over a Decade of Supporting our Community
R&DE’s donation program has been in place for over 10 years. In 2015, a student-led research project determined that students want to better understand the program’s three main benefits:
- reducing waste sent to landfill,
- supporting the community, and
- saving time while packing up.
“Alpaca my Stuff” and the alpaca “mascot” was born, giving life to a program that has, since 2013, diverted 327 tons of waste from the landfill while helping people in need.
Give Your Bike & Go!
What can be more satisfying than donating your bike to another Stanford student who can benefit so much from it?
- Ask for a Give & Go bike tag from your Housing Front Desk.
- On the day of your departure from campus, unlock your bike in your dorm’s bike lot.
- Tag your bike using the special bike tag, and text us a photo and pick-up location.
Our team will do the rest! We accept bike helmets and bike locks, too.
Where can you donate?
Recycle for Change
Available year-round in 14 Campus Locations
May 26 - September 3, 2021 in Six Locations
Donation Enclosures are located at: Abrams Court Parking Lot, EVGR Bldg. A Lobby, GSB Investors Common Parking Lot, Wilbur Parking Lot, Munger Bldg. 4 Lobby, Parking lot near Kennedy Rosse House
Recycle for Change Collection Boxes are located at: Quillen Highrise, Munger Courtyard, Studio 1 and Mirrielees, EVGR D, Barnes Court, Hastorf, Dudley Court, Lyman, Rosse, Crothers across AFDC, Lagunita - Norcliffe, FloMo - Faisan, Rains - Bldg 211, Abrams Court
Give & Go Partners
Your donations will support the Goodwill of Silicon Valley, Recycle for Change, and the First-Generation, Low-Income Students (FLI) Program at Stanford to assist our local community and incoming freshmen next year. Every year, student donations kept 50 - 80 tons of material out of the landfill and funnelled to non-profit organizations that benefit livelihood programs and communities in need.