Storage Services Offered
R&DE Student Housing is pleased to announce that we have arranged with professional storage vendors Collegeboxes.com (for storage of boxes and individual items, and for “at your door” moving services) and Door to Door (for storage containers) as our April 1, 2015-March 31, 2016 preferred vendors to provide year-round storage of students' items, as well as summer-only storage.
Collegeboxes.com, owned by U-Haul International, Inc., will store student's belongings, including odd-sized items as well as boxed items, in their nearby, secure, climate-controlled facility, and will transport them to and from campus as part of the service fee. Collegeboxes also offers "At Your Door" pickup and delivery, boxes and packing supplies, and shipping to and from school.
Door to Door storage container rental is available to students for summer and year-round storage. Students may rent a storage container to be dropped off at various on-campus locations (subject to availability), fill the container within 72 hours of receiving it, and Door to Door will then store the container in their secure facility for the duration of the summer.
Early reservations for all storage services are highly recommended.
Please note: The University assumes no responsibility for loss of, or damage to, items in storage. Additionally, contracts with our preferred vendors, Collegeboxes.com and Door to Door, are entered into by the student and the company. The University is not a party to these contracts.
Students who opt to use a non-preferred storage container vendor will have restricted options on where the containers may be located, and might find that they are not able to have units placed in the locations most convenient to their residence, which have been reserved for use by the preferred vendor (Door to Door). For a map of non-preferred vendor drop locations, click here. Non-preferred vendors may only drop containers in the specified non-preferred drop locations, and have a 72-hour stay limit at these locations
Student Storage Options
- At Your Door Storage with Collegeboxes
- Ship to School with Collegeboxes*
- Storage container rental with Door to Door
* only available for June/summer season
Collegeboxes offers a full service storage option to Stanford students
Here's how "Stanford At Your Door" service works:
Stanford At Your Door Storage, leave the heavy lifting to us!
- Sign up for At Your Door service online and select the pick-up date and time most convenient for you.
- Go to Collegeboxes.com, click on "Summer Storage & Shipping." Select Stanford University "At Your Door" Service - Stanford, CA;
- Boxes and supply purchase options.
- A starter kit purchase is required during sign up process. The starter kit will be shipped to you via FedEx or UPS. Kit includes 5 boxes, tape, marker, 10 label pouches, and 5 zip ties.
- Additional U-Haul boxes and supplies will be available for purchase at locations indicated below when Collegeboxes comes to campus.
- Log in to your Collegeboxes.com account to create and print storage
and shipping labels.
- For items you want stored over the Summer: Create, print, and affix storage labels to your boxes, bike, and/or odd-shaped items.
- For boxes you want shipped home: Create, print, and affix shipping labels to your boxes (only boxes can be shipped). These boxes will be transported to the U-Haul Center and then shipped via UPS after being picked up from your dorm.
- On your pickup date and time you selected, a mover will come to your dorm and pick up your labeled storage and shipping items.
- Collegeboxes scans and stores items labeled for storage and ships boxes labeled for shipping.
- When you return in the Fall, your stored items will be delivered to your new dorm room on your selected delivery date and time.
*Boxes and supplies may also be purchased for personal use.
Locations for Box/Supply Sale:
- East Campus: Cowell Cluster parking lot between Bowdoin St & ZAP House
- West Campus: On Santa Teresa Ln between Lagunita Court & Governor's Corner
Collegeboxes offers a full service "Ship To School" option to Stanford students
Here's how "Ship To School" service works:
Ship to School - The easiest way to get to School
- Sign up online, purchase starter kit, enter pick-up date and address, and select final delivery date and dorm.
- Go to Collegeboxes.com, then click on "Summer Storage and Shipping." Select Stanford University, "Ship To School."
- Collegeboxes ships you a starter kit
(includes 5 boxes, tape, label pouches, and a marker)
- Pack your boxes and affix barcode labels you create using your Collegeboxes.com account
- Schedule a UPS/FedEx pickup for your boxes from Collegeboxes.com account
- Collegeboxes receives and holds your boxes at our secure climate-controlled storage facility
- Collegeboxes delivers your boxes directly to your room, on the date and time selected
Collegeboxes.com's Ship To School service increases the ease and efficiency of moving into residences and shipping packages. This service provides a cost-effective, convenient, and reliable way to transport your personal belongings and packages,having them delivered directly to your room or apartment at a specific time. Please note that this is a separate process and service from standard package shipping and delivery (outlined above). Follow this link for more information about this shipping option.
Door to Door storage container rental is available to students for summer and year-round storage. Students may rent a storage container to be dropped off at various on-campus locations (subject to availability), fill the container within 72 hours of receiving it, and Door to Door will then store the container in their secure facility for the duration of the rental.
To book a storage container and for more details on pricing, container drop-off locations, etc., please visit the Door to Door website and make sure to mention that you are a Stanford student for a discount on June-September delivery, pickup and storage.
Door to Door pick-up and drop-off dates and locations are limited and distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Storage container locations are subject to change.